Time4Good Privacy & Security Policy
This Privacy & Security Policy (the “Policy”) contains important information about how Time4Good works, including your legal rights and obligations. This Policy includes our definition of “personal information” and sets out what information we need to provide our service; how we limit the information we collect; how we limit disclosure and retention of your personal information; and how we keep it up to date and accurate. This Policy also clarifies the steps we take to keep your personal information safe, secure and accessible to you.
We intend for this to be an open and constantly improving document. The terms and policies governing Time4Good have been drafted with the intent of being compliant in multiple jurisdictions, but we are always open to improvement. Updates will be posted on this page, as will local variations, as they become useful and necessary.
If you have any ideas for improvement, please email us at email@example.com
Last Updated January 18th 2016
Our Policy on Your Privacy & Security
- The Time4Good Group LLC is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information obtained by reason of your customer relationship with the Company. This Policy explains the types of personal information we collect, how it is used, and the steps we take to ensure your personal information is handled appropriately.
- This Policy and our practices have been designed to comply with the laws of the State of New York. The governing law of the state of New York is used, irrespective of the geographic location of the “Leader”, “Rising Star” or “Cause”. (please refer to our Terms and Conditions at time4good.net/legal/terms for full list of user-related and service-related terms)
Who is the Company?
- For purposes of this Policy, the “Company” means the Time4Good Group LLC.
- A “Leader” is typically an expert in their field and is making an amount of their time available on Time4Good.net as a supporting member of Time4Good. Leaders are independent individuals that are responsible for maintaining or adopting their own privacy policies which help fulfil the intent of this policy.
What is Personal Information?
- Personal information is information that refers to an individual specifically and is recorded in any form. Personal information includes such things as age, income, date of birth, ethnic origin and credit records. Information about individuals contained in the following documents is not considered personal information:
- public telephone directories, where the subscriber can refuse to be listed,
- professional and business directories available to the public,
- public registries and court records,
- other publicly available printed and electronic publications.
Our Commitment to the Privacy of Your Personal Information
- The Company is responsible for all personal information under its control, including any personal information that is transferred to third parties for processing, storage or other purposes.
We Obtain Your Consent to Collect, Use or Disclose Your Personal Information
- The Company identifies the purpose for which your personal information is collected and how it will be used or disclosed. If that purpose is not listed below, we will do this before or at the time the information is actually being collected. You will be deemed to consent to our use of your personal information for the purpose of:
- communicating with you generally
- processing your purchases
- processing and keeping track of transactions and reporting back to you
- protecting against fraud or error
- providing product and services requested by you
- recommending the Company’s other products and services that it believes will be of interest and provide value to you
- performing statistical analyses of user behavior and characteristics, in order to measure interest in and use of the various sections of this site so as to improve design and navigation and to gather marketing information. Only aggregated data from these analyses, not individual data, will be used for this purpose
- complying with legal and governmental requirements
- fulfilling any other purpose that would be reasonably apparent to the average person at the time we collect it from you
- Otherwise, the Company will obtain your express consent (by verbal, written or electronic agreement) to collect, use or disclose your personal information. You can change your consent preferences at any time by contacting the Company’s Customer Relations Centre, where our employees can help direct your call to the appropriate department within the Company. To change your preferences, refer to the “How to Contact Us” section below.
We Limit Collection of Your Personal Information
- The Company collects only the information required to provide products and services to you. The Company will collect personal information only by clear, fair and lawful means.
- We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features.
- We also receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses Time4Good.
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser, to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features.
We Limit Use, Disclosure and Retention of Your Personal Information
- The Company does not disclose personal information to any organization or person for any reason except the following:
- we may work closely with our affiliated partners (which may included businesses and charities). In some cases, these partners may operate stores at or sell offerings to you on their websites. In other cases, we operate stores, provide services, or sell product lines jointly with these businesses. We may also share your personal information with third party organizations in order to offer you a product or service. You will always be able to tell in advance when a third party is involved in your transactions, and when we share customer information related to those transactions with that third party.
- we employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. We occasionally use service providers located outside of the state of New York, and, if applicable, your personal information may be processed and stored in other countries and therefore may be subject to disclosure under the laws of those countries.
- as we continue to develop our company, we might sell or buy subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that the Company or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information of course will be one of the transferred assets.
- You are deemed to consent to disclosure of your personal information for those purposes. If your personal information is shared with third parties, those third parties are bound by appropriate agreements with the Company to secure and protect the confidentiality of your personal information.
- The Company retains your personal information only as long as it is required for our business relationship or as required by the law of New York State.
We Keep Your Personal Information Accurate
- The Company keeps your personal information up to date, accurate and relevant for its intended use.
- You may request access to the personal information we have on record in order to review and amend the information, as appropriate. In circumstances where your personal information has been provided by a third party, we will refer you to that party (e.g. credit bureaus). To access your personal information, refer to the “How to Contact Us” section below.
The Security of Your Personal Information is a Priority for Us
- We take steps to safeguard your personal information, regardless of the format in which it is held, including:
- physical security measures such as restricted access facilities and locked filing cabinets
- electronic security measures for computerized personal information such as password protection, database encryption and personal identification numbers.
- revealing only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing
- organizational processes such as limiting access to your personal information to a selected group of individuals
- contractual obligations with third parties who need access to your personal information requiring them to protect and secure your personal information.
- It’s important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and your computer. Be sure to sign off when you’ve finished using any shared computer.
What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
- Our site may include third-party advertising and links to other websites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party websites.
We are Open About our Privacy & Security Policy
- We are committed to providing you with understandable and easily available information about our policy and practices related to management of your personal information. This policy and any related information is available at all times on our website, www.Time4Good.net under Privacy & Security or on request. To contact us, refer to the “How to Contact Us” section below.
You Can Access Your Personal Information Stored by Us
- You can request access to your personal information stored by the Company. To contact us, refer to the “How to Contact Us” section below. Upon receiving such a request, the Company will:
- inform you about what type of personal information we have on record or in our control, how it is used and to whom it may have been disclosed
- provide you with access to your information so you can review and verify the accuracy and completeness and request changes to the information
- make any necessary updates to your personal information.
We Respond to Your Questions, Concerns and Complaints about Privacy
- The Company responds in a timely manner to your questions, concerns and complaints about the privacy of your personal information and our privacy policies and procedures.
How to Contact Us
- You may contact us by:
- email to our Customer Relations Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org for general enquiries
- mail to Time4Good Group LLC Customer Relations, Westport Innovation Hub, 20 Ketchum Street, Westport, CT 06880
- email to email@example.com with any specific questions or suggestions about improving our Privacy & Security policy.
- If your questions, concerns and complaints have not been resolved to your satisfaction or if you have further questions, you can contact the Company’s Chief Executive Officer by mail at Chief Executive Officer c/o Time4Good Group LLC. Westport Innovation Hub, 20 Ketchum Street, Westport CT 06880
- Our business changes constantly, and this privacy notice will change also. We will e-mail notice to you of any significant changes to this privacy notice, and seek your express consent to each change. If you do not consent, you will not be able to use the Time4Good website. We are, however, committed to protecting your information and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.